Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section)
Thursday, August 4
The 18th Australian Cotton Conference will support the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section). The RFDS (Queensland Section) provides vital health care to anyone living, working or travelling in Queensland. Donations will help to replace ageing aircraft and update vital medical equipment so that the RFDS can continue to provide the finest care to the furthest corners of Queensland.
Each year in Queensland the RFDS:
- Flies to approximately 130 remote communities to provide a full range of health care services including GP, child and maternal health, mental and oral health.
- Helps over 11,000 patients by flying them to the medical care they need, whether it be for emergency care or specialist treatment.
- Improves the dental health of regional Queenslanders by providing free dental treatment through the QCoal Community Dental Service
- Provides much medical advice to over 13,000 people via phone or video-link
- Administers over 4,700 immunisations
Each year the RFDS helps over 90,000 people to live healthier and longer lives by ensuring that all Queenslanders, regardless of where they live, can access expert medical care.
Conference delegates are invited to get involved by wearing Outback Red on Thursday, 4 August and by making a donation to this worthy cause. A variety of RFDS merchandise will also be for sale during the course of the conference.